University students, full or part-time, as well as recent graduates will be considered for the internship program. We are currently seeking an intern to begin mid-September, 2012.
Joyce Murray MP’s Internship Program
Joyce Murray MP’s Internship Program provides students with an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in governmental affairs, become knowledgeable in the operations of elected officials and be exposed to current Canadian and international issues. Interns will obtain hands-on experience, professional development and networking opportunities, in addition to working within a professional, young and enthusiastic environment.
- Community Outreach
- Research projects
- Event planning and support
- Interaction with constituents
- Data entry
- Communications on topical policy issues
- Interest and understanding of Canadian government and policy
- Knowledge of current events
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to take initiative
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organization and administration skills
- Enthusiasm and energy for politics
The program operates on a part-time basis with, on average, 8 hours of work required per week. Upon completion of the 12 week program, interns will receive a $300 honourarium.