Skip to main content

Joyce Murray, MP


Government Services

To Serve You Better

As your Member of Parliament, Joyce Murray is not only committed to representing Vancouver Quadra’s interests in Ottawa, she and her staff can also assist you and your family in many other ways, all in an effort… to serve you better.

For further information on any of the services offered below, please contact my office at or 604-664-9220

Connecting with MP Joyce Murray

  • Invite MP Joyce Murray to speak at your organization or community event
  • Sign up to receive Enews updates and event invitations
  • Celebrating a loved one’s milestone birthday or anniversary by arranging a congratulatory certificate for the special occasion.
  • Have your voice heard on issues that matter to you. Write MP Joyce Murray an email and have input on the decisions that affect you and your family.

Supporting our students

What student loan programs are available to me?

Student Financial Assistance, including loans and grants, is available to eligible students through provincial, territorial and federal governments. Click here to find out more.

Where can I find information on Canadian universities?

Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Canadian Universities. Information about facilities, services and academic programs as well as links, expert information and statistics – it’s all here.

Supporting your employment

How do I apply for Employment Insurance (EI)?

Apply on-line or contact the EI section of Human Resources Development Canada.

View the Government of Canada Jobs, Workers, Training & Careers web page.

How do I obtain a Social Insurance Number (SIN)?

The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a nine-digit number used in the administration of various Canadian government programs. You will require a SIN to work in Canada or to receive government benefits.

How do I start a business?

Click here to find helpful hints on starting a small business.

How do I learn about career training services? Click here to learn about education and training services offered by the Government of Canada.

For more information on Service Canada programs, please visit

Supporting our Seniors

Where can I find information and services for Canadians 55+?

Seniors Canada On-line provides access to information and services offered to seniors, their families, caregivers and supporting service organizations.

Where can I find information and services for veterans?

Click here for information on services offered to Canadian veterans.

How do I apply for the Canadian Pension Plan retirement pension or other benefits under the plan?

Visit Social Development Canada (SDC) for information on Canada’s Retirement Income System: The Canada Pension Plan.

Supporting new Canadians and their families

How do I find more information on immigrating to Canada?

Click here to learn about the different requirements and programs to immigrate to Canada.

How do I find information on studying in Canada or obtaining a temporary work visa? For information on studying in Canada, click here. To obtain a temporary work permit, click here.


Where can I find information about the Government of Canada?

Phone 1-800-O-Canada (1-800-622-6232) or visit

How can I obtain information on Canada’s Parliament?

The Parliamentary Internet web site, created and maintained jointly by the Senate, the House of Commons and the Library of Parliament, offers information on Canada’s Parliament.

How do I replace lost ID cards?

The Government of Canada has a list of helpful hints on which agencies you should contact, and how to contact each one when you lose your wallet

Supporting your health and well-being

Where can I find advisories on food, drugs, medical services, natural health products and consumer products?

Health Canada helps protect Canadians from potential health hazards by releasing warnings / advisories on food, drugs, medical devices, natural health products and consumer products.

Discovering your heritage

How can I research my family history?

The National Archives of Canada Geneology Centre can get your started on tracing your family tree.

Where can I find information on the National Anthem, O Canada?

For the official lyrics of “O Canada” and the history of the National Anthem, click here.

Supporting you during tax season

Can I file my taxes on-line?

The Canada Customs and Revenue Agency offers electronic services to individuals and to businesses.

Crossing the border

How do I apply for a Passport?

If you are planning a trip abroad or even to the United States, it is extremely important to have a Canadian passport as proof of citizenship and residency in Canada. For information on how to obtain a passport, please visit one of the regional passport offices or download an application.

How do I get more information on travel reports and warnings?

View the Department of Foreign Affairs Travel Reports web page

I want to see more of Canada. Where should I go?

Find travel information relevant to Canada’s many beautiful attractions.

How can I plan to visit some of Canada’s National Parks and Historic Sites?

Parks Canada Vacation Planners assist you in planning a visit to Canada’s National Parks and National Historic Sites.

Contact Us

Vancouver Office:
206-2112 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6K 2C8
Tel: (604) 664-9220
Fax: (604) 664-9221

Ottawa Office:
Room 450, Confederation Building
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6
Tel: (613) 992-2430
Fax: (613) 995-0770


Joyce on Flickr